DIANA PRINCESS OF WALES SOUVENIRS
On august 31 2017 it is 20 years ago that princess Diana died in a tragic car accident in Paris.
In her short life thousands of souvenirs were made to commemorate important events in her life.
When she married prince Charles in 1981 so many souvenirs were for sale that the Royal commemorative society issued a catalog of 280 pages of the items that were produced for this event.
Most were mass produced cheap items but some of the more well known factories made some more expensive and exclusive items for this event.
In 1982 for her 21st birthday souvenirs were made.
In 1992 her marriage with prince Charles failed and the couple separated.
In 1996 the divorce was finalised. For both occasions commemoratives were made.
In 1997 on august 31 this still loved princess lost her life in a car accident in Paris. Many in memoriam souvenirs were made. Here are some from our collection in memory of Diana princess of Wales.
- Enamel beaker made by Halcyon days enamels to commemorate the wedding of Charles & Diana 1981
- Chalice made of fine bone china lustre ware and set in a bronze dragon. Made by a small studio in Worcester in a limited edition for the wedding of Charles & Diana in 1981.
- Mug made for the 21st birthday of princess Diana.
Made by Caverswal
- Catalog issued by the Royal Commemorative Society with 280 pages of all the souvenirs made for the wedding of Charles & Diana.
- Mug made to commemorate the seperation of Charles & Diana 1992.
- Mug made to commemorate the official divorce of Charles & Diana 1996.
- Loving cup in Memoriam commisioned by
Paul Wyton & Joe Spiteri 1997.