- The House of lords was a famous restaurant in the centre of The Hague.
The building was one of the oldest in the city. In 1595 it was known as Huys Teijlingen. In 1628 it was renamed to The Golden Lion. In 1917 the restaurant became the House of lords by request of the British military who were stationed here during world war one. They visited the restaurant and discussed strategies there.
The restaurant was frequented by the chic people of the Hague as well as prominent businessmen and politicians. Nowadays House of lords is a catering business. In 1938 when princess Beatrix was born they commissioned a jug for the restaurant to commemorate her birth. The jugs were made by the Royal pottery Zuid Holland in Gouda. Not many were made making this a very special Royal commemorative.